Forfatter Emne: SV650 / Lightweight Twins Race Series  (Læst 1667 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 1 Gæst læser dette emne.

ZIRAS

• Gæst
SV650 / Lightweight Twins Race Series
« Dato: Juli 28, 2005, 01:38:04 pm »
G'dag,

Jeg har posted denne nedunder på dk.fritid.motorcykel newgruppen. Jeg håber at der kunne være nogen af jer som kunne være interreseret i sådan en series.  

Jeg har 5 op i Skåne som har sagt de ville være med.  Vi mangler mindste 10 med B-license.  Er der nogen dansker som ville være med?

Take a look...I think this could be a shitload of fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emne: Lightweight Twins racing class - interest?
Fra: zirasx2@yahoo.com (ziras)
Nyhedsgrupper: dk.fritid.motorcykel
Organisation: DFM interface at http://news.dkfritidmotorcykel.dk/
Dato: Jul 27 2005 08:55:02

Sorry about the english (the use of the language...not the people...there's no apologizing for them)...but if I wrote this in Danish ½ of you would have no clue what the hell I'm going on about.

Looking to get back into racing...but here in northern europe there seems to be a real lack of choice when it comes to racing classes.  I'm a 30+ fat-n-fast guys who's looking to race 4 fun, on the cheap.  I know I'm not the next rossi and have nothing to prove.

I live in Skåne, and SVEMO (svenske version of DMU) only has 3 classes for B-license amateur riders...125/250    600cc   and  1000cc.

125/250 - Been there and done that plus my fat ass can't be competitive on a little smoker

600cc - grids are too big and full of young wanna be heroes who take this sh*t way too seriously and will end up hurting someone

1000cc - smaller grids...but killer when it comes to tires.  In a weekend one can easily go thru 2-3 sets of tires.

Back home in the states we had lightweight twins classes, sound of thunder class, production twins, senior classes, etc.  Check out the brits and their lightweight twins class      http://www.minitwins.co.uk

I'm looking to petition SVEMO to add a class for the "fun racer".  Here in Skåne, of course all you Danes could come across the bridge and race at the tracks up here.  (Knutstorp, Sturup - which is actually really nice now.  It's no longer a big go-kart track...although the run off is still way too small)

Anyway...I wanna write a nice letter to SVEMO but first I would like to find out what interest there is out there for a series like this.

Here's the idea for the series - 1 - Lightweight Twins Series (open to any liquid cooled twin between 500 - 700cc) and any aircooled twin (700cc-1000cc) - maybe we could get some buells in this thing. 2 - B license racers only 3 - Only mods allowed (other than those for saftey of course) would be:
a - Performance streettires
b - Steel / Kevlar brake lines
c - Brake pads
d - Rearsets (pegs)
e - Exhaust system (full or end can if it passes db requirements for the track)
f - Racebodywork
g - Lap timers and clocks can be added/replaced if you want
h - Rear shock & spring
i - Fork internals, however the fork "Bodies" must be stock. (No swapping the front ends for an 05 Gix 750!!!!)
j - Can remove/hack off anything on the bike that is not necessary however you cannot replace subframes or gas tanks or anything like that with lightweight materials. (no carbon gas tanks or aftermarket subframes)
4 - 2 seperate race formats:
a - SPRINT - race format of 15 laps b - GP - 30 minutes as many laps as you can get

That's it. Everything else is stock. Minimum rules...no minimum weight limits, no horsepower limits (although tampering with any engine internals is a no-no)

If you agree with this format, let me know by adding your name to this list. If you have any suggestions, changes to the formats...add em to the thread. Also, include your lån info so I can see how many are in each location. If we get enough, how could SVEMO say no? 1. Michael Ziraschi, Skåne